It is not just the food, but even restaurant menus are getting creative. While it is a fact that a fun, original and imaginative menu card can make a good first impression on someone about the personality of a restaurant, it also conveys something about the attentiveness and attitude of the people running the business. It shows clearly that not just the food or decor, but even restaurant menus can be visually striking and a conversation starter, or more importantly, a marketing strategy too! The menus by itself serve as an advertising element for the restaurant and that is something to be capitalized on. Instead of simply printing a boring list of dishes along with their prices on a sheet of paper or on a blackboard haphazardly, a mesmerizing menu is crucial for the brand identity of the restaurant.
Restaurant menus can be designed in any of these ways: elegant, modern, quirky, colorful, monochromatic, simple, elegant, vintage styled or contrasting. They must be attention-grabbing, organized, convenient and easy on the eye with their display of photographs, prices along with the details of the restaurant. Here are some of our favorite restaurant menus from around the world that we gush over. See, if you can add some more to this list, or better still, get your creative gloves on and design a masterpiece yourself!
- A chalkboard art approach to the menu card
- A newspaper-inspired design for an appealing black and white menu
- A modern menu design with emphasis on strong visual appeal
- A pop-up menu book with colorful visuals and interactive elements
- A fan-opening menu with multiple layers
- A transforming menu that customers can turn into an origami art piece
- A puzzle page menu that little kids might enjoy playing with and ordering from
- A Japanese folding fan which holds all the details of a menu
Restaurant menus are part of the entire package of the business that includes the decor, cutlery, brochures, websites and billboards of the company. A certain harmony between all these elements is essential. The ambiance and atmosphere of the restaurant should be reflected in the menu. In the limited space available in a restaurant menu and the little attention span that customers provide to these pages, restaurant menus must be distinctive and try to impress the viewer at the first glance itself. It must be made memorable and must remain etched in the minds of the reader.
Fingerhut is a popular mail order/online shopping retailer founded in 1948 in Minnesota. Selling a really large variety of products that ranges from budget-friendly apparel, shoes, and jewelry, household items, health and beauty products, home decor, furniture and patio accessories, sporting, fitness and outdoor equipments, assorted tools and home improvement kits, all baby and kids needs, toys and video games, electronics and office supplies, automotive parts and spares, gifts, crafts and holiday supplies, Fingerhut caters to almost all needs of the entire family. For those who are most comfortable shopping from the confines of their homes or office spaces via their computers, log on to their website www.fingerhut.com to get an idea about the company and all the products it deals with.
Some Fingerhut coupons are:
On the website of Fingerhut there is a $25 off promotion on your first order of $100 or more when you use an approved Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account issued by WebBank to pay for your purchases. This is an exclusive new customer offer, and the promo code to be used is NC256. This Fingerhut coupon has a limited time offer, this ends soon, so check their website for more details.
- Giving Assistant
On another website, Giving Assistant you can find a huge array of Fingerhut promotional coupon codes. For example, some of the Fingerhut coupons we found are as follows, a save $50 on your purchase, get an extra 20% or 30% off on your purchase, get a 10% off on your purchase order or a $70 or $80 off on your order. Customers can also enjoy free shipping on their purchases and additionally receive free gifts on their orders.
- Join Honey
On Join Honey, there are more Fingerhut Coupons, Promo Codes and Deals showered on customers. The Honey members-only promo code is linked to a coupon that provides a 20% discount for a limited time. Simply add Honey to your browser in order to try this. The first step is to install Honey, add a free Honey extension to your Chrome browser, shop online, Honey will automatically pop up at checkout and show you all available savings, and let you save money by clicking on “Save money” by applying the best deal to your cart.
On this website, there is a $50 off with a special code that lets you save $50 on your first order of $200+ with a newly approved Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account.
Proteins are the building blocks of our body and our health. Proteins work hard to repair all our overworked or damaged muscles and tissues. They also help in the production of hormones and enzymes. High protein intake helps in reducing weight as well. Protein keeps you satiated, thereby reducing the craving for snacks and untimely eating. The Required Dietary Allowance for protein is just 0.8 grams per kilo of our weight. To find out how much protein you need for yourself or your family member, you multiply the body weight with 0.36. This helps you to calculate the protein requirement for your family per day and plan your menu accordingly. Protein intake in teens is crucial. It helps teens build immunity and make their muscles stronger and keep their skin and hair healthy. As kids, their menu and feeding are completely taken care of their parents. But as they grow older, diets go haywire and are guided more by peer groups. Junk food becomes more accessible as they begin to hang out with friends. Lack of energy and tiredness are early symptoms of an imbalanced diet in a teen. Teens that pursue active sports would need at least 75% more protein than kids who have a normal schedule. This is possible only if there is protein in every meal. Dieticians recommend that 25%-30% of the calorie requirement of teens should come from protein. Some high protein diet with high calories that should find a place in a teens diet – eggs, fish, shrimp, oats, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, milk, broccoli, beans, lean beef, quinoa, tuna, lentils, pumpkin seeds, and peanut butter. These list of high protein foods also are a source of essential vitamin and minerals necessary for them. Teenagers who are vegetarians can include Buckwheat, lentils, and beans including chickpeas in their diet.
A list of high protein dishes that could both satisfy the taste buds of the teens and at the same time give them the required protein is as follows:
- Egg sandwiches
- Oatmeal with fruits and milk
- Salads with Quinoa, fruit, and vegetables
- Smoothie with Tofu, almonds, and fruits
- Baked salmon
- Brown rice with stir-fried vegetables
- Turkey burgers with multi-grain buns
- Peanut butter sandwiches
Creative recipes can be created with one or many of the high protein food items. Burgers, sandwiches, casseroles keep teens interested in eating them. Teachers and parents should constantly engage with them at school and at home to create awareness about eating healthy.
Cancer is a very dangerous and fatal disease which often leads to a long-term treatment that may or may not succeed. It is a disease which occurs from the unwarranted growth of cells which later go on to form malignant tumors in several parts of the body. If not treated, it spreads very quickly to all parts of the body, thereby blocking functional body systems. There are four stages of cancer, and as far as cancer symptoms and their recognition go, it normally does not come to the fore before the second stage. After the detection of cancer, which is usually always preceded by a biopsy report, treatment should start immediately because it does not take long to spread. There are many cancer treatment options of which a few include:
This is one technique when it is used to treat cancer, often turns out to be very effective, especially in the country. It’s very well-known and one of the largely practiced cancer treatment options. Surgery is a procedure wherein the surgeon operates and removes the cancerous tumor from the body. You can browse the Internet to find out different ways the surgery is used against cancer and what you can expect before, during, and after surgery.
- Radiation therapy
Radiation therapy is one of the most specific and targeted types of cancer treatment options. It uses high doses of tested radiation to kill the malignant cells and shrinks the size of tumors. The patients should also learn about the types of radiation and the reasons why they have side effects apart from other cancer symptoms.
This is the most popular and well-known type of cancer treatment that uses drugs and other types of medicines to kill the carcinogenic cells. Chemotherapy is highly effective because it works against cancer by attacking the cells directly. However, it must be executed with utmost precision and perfection otherwise it may prove harmful.
- Targeted therapy
This therapy is another very special type of cancer treatment which targets the various changes in cancer cells that facilitate their growth, division, and spreading. This is also more or less effective in the country.
Even after all these treatment options, the patient has to be very careful and maintain all the restraints suggested by the doctors. It is a very difficult disease to cure permanently, and it often recurs in a patient who has been diagnosed once. The patient should be very cautious and patient while dealing with cancer, not giving up.
Hives, medically known as urticaria, is a rash on the body which leads to the formation of wheals. These wheals are red and itchy elevated areas of the skin, usually with a blanched center.
Hives appear in varying sizes and shapes and often occur suddenly – either as a result of body’s reaction to a certain allergen or for unidentified reasons.
One characteristic of hives is their tendency to quickly change size and place, often in a couple of hours. In most cases, an individual hive does not last longer than 24 hours. So, an outbreak that appears alarming in the morning may be completely gone by afternoon, only to appear in another place later in the day. Because these hives fluctuate so much, it is best to take pictures of hives rash to show it to your doctor for proper diagnosis.
Sometimes, hives result in a swelling beneath the skin. This condition is called angioedema. It is characterized by deep swelling around the lips, eye area, hands, feet, and genitals. These look similar to hives. Your doctor will closely examine your hives pictures and symptoms to determine your case.
Early signs and symptoms of hives
The most common hive symptoms include:
- Slightly raised, red swellings on various parts of the body
- Welts that occur alone or spread over a large area. You can check some pictures of hives rash to know how welts look like.
- Severe itching and irritation
- Swelling that subsides within 24 hours but again appears at a different spot
- Painful swelling around the lips, eyes or inside the throat
- Flaring up of the symptoms due to exposure to heat or exercise
- Persistent for over six weeks, where the symptoms appear and disappear frequently
When to seek professional medical help?
In case you experience hives or angioedema along with the following symptoms, it is imperative that you immediately consult medical help:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of tongue, face or lips
- Slight discomfort or pain in the chest
It is extremely important to carry your hives pictures along when you visit the doctor. Since the hives keep on fluctuating, the pictures of the rashes will help the doctor to understand your case and suggest the appropriate line of treatment. It thus goes without saying that your pictures of hives rashes play a crucial part in your recovery.
Joint replacement is a very big step and many people are usually worried when they have to get a joint replacement done. But with so many advancements in the technology, there is nothing that you should be worried about. It has become a simple and common surgery these days. But there is one important step you need to take and that is to find the best orthopedic surgeons. There are a number of orthopedic surgeons available, but it is important to choose the best. Whether it is knee, ankle, foot or leg, you should choose the best.
Reasons to always choose the best orthopedic surgeon:
- When you choose the best orthopedic surgeons, you can stay assured that the surgery is going to go well. The medical condition with the joints, whether knee, ankle, leg or foot, it will be treated well.
- They are trained and specialized on performing the surgeries related to the joints and hence one can stay relaxed. They can understand the situation better and deal with it, in case any unforeseen complications arise during the surgery.
- Their experience speaks when the surgery is performed. When you choose the best orthopedic surgeons, their past experience is going to be an advantage for you. If a surgeon is able to perform at least 12 or more surgeries in a year, then the success rate is definitely going to be high.
- When you select the best orthopedic surgeons from the best hospitals, even your insurance company will cover the hospitals and hence you will not have to worry about the surgery amount that you need to pay for the surgery.
- You get better suggestions about the joint replacement surgeries for the best surgeons. Their words of wisdom and valuable advice will help you take the right decision for your joint injury or pain.
- Post-surgery care will also be provided by the experts. Post-surgery care is equally important and therefore should not be avoided. One needs to take extra care when it comes to tackling post-surgery medical complications.
Overall, choosing the best orthopedic surgeon is always important for the success of the orthopedic surgery and for the overall recovery and treatment of the patient. Do not hesitate to spend a little extra for the best surgeon as you can always rely on medical insurance and take care of any extra expenses.
Cellulitis is a very common bacterial skin infection. However, the fact that it is common does not stop it from being fatal at times. The skin is an essential part of the human body which shields people from harm and its compromise can cause serious damage to anyone. The affected skin attacked by cellulitis starts to appear swollen and red, and it is typically known to be painful and warm to the touch. What causes cellulitis is something everyone should be aware of because it usually affects the skin on the lower legs, but it can very easily occur on more significant and exposed body parts such as on the face, arms, and other areas. Cellulitis starts taking place when a small crack or breakout in your skin allows bacteria to enter.
Cellulitis is caused when bacteria, most commonly streptococcus and staphylococcus, enter through a cut or break or crack on one’s skin. The incidence of a more serious infection by this type of bacteria is called, in medical terms, as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA. It is a highly increasing kind of cellulitis. Although cellulitis is probable to occur anywhere on a patient’s body, the most common location is the lower part of one’s leg.
Bacteria and other harmful organisms are most likely to enter disrupted areas of the skin and through it other parts of the body. The risk increases if:
- You had recent surgery
- You have cuts
- You have or had puncture wounds
- You have ulcer
- You have athlete’s foot
- You have dermatitis
Animal bites can cause cellulitis. Bacteria can also enter the body through areas of dry, flaky skin or swollen skin.
There are many possible signs and symptoms of cellulitis, which usually occur on any one particular side of the body. These are indicative of what causes cellulitis. These symptoms include:
- A small or medium range red area of skin that tends to expand as time passes
- Swelling of particular parts of the limbs
- Tenderness or unusual softness of the skin in specific sections
- Pain or irritation on the skin
- Warmth or rise of skin temperature
- Fever, especially constant and recurrent bouts of it
- Red spots on the skin
- Blisters, which are often unprecedented
- Skin dimpling
Episodes of cellulitis which recur may damage many basic systems of the body and also cause chronic swelling of the affected limb. In some rare cases, the infection can spread to the deep layers of body tissues, which is called the fascial lining. Being aware of what causes cellulitis and seeking appropriate medical consultation is extremely important before you start any kind of medication.
Shoulder pain can be caused locally or arise from surrounding muscles, tissues and bones. The shoulder is the most movable and unstable joint in the body, considering the range of motion it is allowed. To relieve minor pains, one can try painkillers, heating pad or ice packs. However, in case of severe, persistent pain it is advisable to seek medical attention.
Causes of shoulder pain include:
- Bone infarction or avascular necrosis, a condition that arises when the death of bone tissue is caused due to lack of blood supply. The shoulder pain symptoms include the development of joint pain which may cause the inability to move.
- Brachial plexus injury is the injury caused to the network of nerves that conducts signals from the spinal cord to shoulders, arms, and hands. These injuries are results of tumors, shoulder trauma, such as fall from the height on the side of shoulder and inflammations. The symptoms include a lack of control in arm and wrist and lack of sensation in arms.
- Osteoarthritis, a joint disease caused by the breakdown of joint cartilage and underlying bone. Joint pain, tenderness, stiffness after long periods of inactivity and loss of flexibility are shoulder pain symptoms.
- Shoulder dislocation is an injury in which head of the upper arm bone comes out of the shoulder joint. This condition is mostly caused by fall onto the shoulder or arm. Symptoms include deformed out-of-shape shoulder, significant pain, swelling, and inability to move arms.
- Pain in shoulders can also be one of the symptoms of heart attack. This type of shoulder pain mostly occurs in the left shoulder and spreads towards arms.
- Overstretching and tearing of shoulder ligaments cause sprain, which can cause shoulder pain. Symptoms include swelling and pain in the affected area.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, that affects joints, causes inflammation and damages lining of joints. As the disease worsens, pain is experienced in shoulders and elbows. The symptoms of shoulder pain include swelling and tenderness in joints and restricted movement after long periods of inactivity.
- Inflammation or irritation in tendons, the tissues that attach muscle to bone, can also cause pain in shoulders. The symptoms include pain in affected joint, tenderness and mild swelling.
- The separated shoulder is a common injury to the joint located at the outer end of the shoulder. The symptoms of this condition include weakness in the arm, shoulder swelling and restricted shoulder movement.
- Bursitis, a condition caused by inflammation of fluid-filled sac that pads the tendons and bones near shoulder joints. The symptoms of shoulder pain include pain while pressing the area, stiffness and mild swelling.
ALEX AND ANI is a famous brand that retails and manufactures jewelry. This brand designs jewelry with a touch of humanity and positivity. It was introduced to the market in 2004. The company makes different jewelry items like bracelets, bangles, necklaces, rings, and earrings. Most people love and appreciate the products of this company. It provides various offers and discounts on a variety of goods. To know more about sales on ALEX AND ANI products, you can visit its official website. You can also get to know about ALEX AND ANI sales by visiting other e-commerce websites like Amazon, 6 PM, Nordstrom, Zales, etc. Here are some of its best products that are currently on sale: Continue reading “3 Products to Buy During the ALEX AND ANI Sale”
An enlarged spleen is a common phenomenon. The spleen is the organ located just below the left rib cage. There are several conditions that may result in an enlarged spleen such as some forms of cancer, infections, and liver disease. The condition of an enlarged spleen is also called splenomegaly. An enlarged spleen may also be the result of viral infections, patristic infections, bacterial infections, cirrhosis, hemolytic anemia, blood cancers, metabolic disorders like Gaucher’s disease, pressure on the veins in the liver or the spleen, and a blood clot in these veins. Whatever be the case, it is essential to know the symptoms of the condition so that you can seek immediate treatment. Here are a few of the common symptoms of an enlarged spleen. Continue reading “Common Symptoms of an Enlarged Spleen”